Friday, August 13, 2010

Pasha - Lena Coming Home


A french Bakery in Kiev - What a treat!

We are so ready to come home. "Dad, how many hours, 23" ...." Dad, how many hours, 22 1/2".

We spent the last day eating good food and going to a water park, similar to seven peaks in Provo, however it was indoor and pretty crazy. One great thing about orphans; line....what line, what do you mean we have to wait in line. People yelling at them, no big deal Oh my, so funny I laughed all day.

The kids had never seen a wave pool and had the time of their life. As soon as we returned home and had dinner they were sound asleep. They played so hard, just like an 8 year old for the first time. They ran between slides, butted lines, ate high calorie food (ice cream x 10) and just maxed out the entire experience. I am wasted from keeping up!

See you all tomorrow night, details of flight on yesterdays blog.

Since it is the last time I will blog from the Ukraine about this experience publicly, I wanted all those families that may be considering this rewarding and hard process to know, that it is a very powerful event for both the orphan and the adopting parents. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the constant reminder to enjoy the process and not focus so much on the goal with everything in life. It has been during the process that the tender experiences have evolved. I hope to continue this when I return home. There is no question that the Lord has had his hand in this event.

Also there are several kids that would do anything to have a home. It just rips your insides when everyday the kids at the orphanage say "dallll, find me family". Dima, Zjania, Luba-Yula-Victor, these five want this blessing so bad. I hope you all cast your nets for these kids with friends and family. Bon Voyage!

Pasha - Lena - Coming Home and me too!



No comments:

Post a Comment