Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday at the Orphanage pt. B

This is Marina who is being adopted by the MacBeths.


Card Games

After Swimming the kids still look to us as their entertainment directors. There is just really nothing to do at the Orphange. We brought cards and taught them how to play a new game called "golf". They were thrilled to do something new and it was hard to get them to stop when it was time to leave.

Well, this is different!

It is so hot here and I am drinking so much water which creates a new set of challenges. I needed to use the bathroom and this is what there is in the Orphange. I looked at Lena and said " what do i do with this" She just laughed and so did I ...kind of.


Tired Shoes

These are Lena's shoes and each child has their own pair of shoes. If this doesn't break your heart, what will? The inside has nothing left for cushioning and are as thin as paper. These kids need shoes. They never complain and are always happy with what they have or wear for the day. They are teaching us so much.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It is amazing about the "Watch Me" thing. Our boys still say it often! I guess it doesn't get old. I hope you remembered the Charmin to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky...

    Grandma just gave us the blog address tonight. I am reading your journey and I am so excited to meet these new cousins. It just shows me how truely blessed I have been to grow up with such great parents and to now be a parent and listen to all the "watch me's" What you are doing for these kids is priceless. What love and compassion you have and I am so happy for you and Dale.

    ReplyDelete